Saturday, April 21, 2007

didnt know i was a poet, did ya?

aside from the recent spiritual adage i came up with ("screw it, just do it!"), i also write more traditional poems. this was a poem/song-that-didnt-get-nailed-down-to-music that i wrote sometime shortly after joining up with the guys. i remember it was the night before we got the new van. and i'm also aware that i post too many blogs too close together. what can i say, there's a lot on my mind. deal with it.

and without any further adieu (i assume that's french...)

Welcome to the Shiva
No money no honey, no chicken no curry
C’mon, it’s only 20 bucks and I’m in a hurry
I smoked my chrys and I got my rock
Hope there’s enough that they’ll open the lock…
…to my motel

I got what you need and you need what I got.
Help ignore the pain and help your brain rot
I only know the streets and how to survive
High on my supply; I need to stay alive…
…so I sell

Don’t go to school, my only friend is a beetle
I found him outside by another used needle
My parents party all night and sleep all day
I really just wish someone would take us away…
… from this hell

Did you give me a shoulder, something to cry on?
How ‘bout food when you knew I was starvin’?
Did you feed My sheep or love My lost?
Didn’t think you had to, that I was just…
…a “good deal”?

everything i write or whatever is all a work-in-progress. maybe one day, after Jimmy helps me put a beat to the rap i recently wrote, he'll help me make this an actual song and also put the blues riff i have in mind to this. i wonder if i can put songs on blogspot? that would be interesting...

2 comments:

Chris Whitler said...

Loved it...I kinda hear a song...ok if I fool around with it? I might and might not...time's hard to find. Anyhoo, I hear a folk melody.

I'm almost caught up...geez...posty mcposterton! Good stuff (I still need to read the zine article)!

Beth said...

It's actually "without further ado", like "much ado about nothing". Ado meaning "trouble, fuss, busy activity, bustle". Completely English.

Whereas "Adieu" means "Farewell" and comes from Old French meaning "[I commend you] to God". (Same as Adios.) And it's pronounced more like "A-dyuuh".

(It's just me here being annoying, yet impressive.) :P

(I like the poem, that should-be-a-song.)