Monday, May 21, 2007

oh, come to the church in the wild....

that's what i'm talking about!

i will be unavailable over the next 40 hours or so b/c i'm going to yosemite with jengish and jimmy. yeah, u heard me right. dont be jealous. ok, fine. u can be a little bit jealous.

i planned a trail, starting at about 8.5k feet which climbs about 1500 ft over a 4-5 mile distance. not too bad. at the top of the hike are a cluster of lakes, aptly called Ten Lakes. that's where i plan to reside for the night.

should be awesome. not too much of a hike, kinda intense elevation gain, plenty of beautiful landscape to explore once we make it to the lakes, i get to wear (and hopefully use!) my new knife w/o looking like a dork and i get to spend some quality time with jimmy, jengish and my loving Father.

there's this awesome quote by john muir (famous trail blazer, especially in the sierra nevada range) that goes something along the lines of even the most bored, overworked and over stressed city folk find they come home when they come to the mountains. works for me. it's what they call God's country, a-hee-huck. P-tew-- BING.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Your title looks like someone else's I know....
Have fun! I know I certainly am enjoying the creation these days.

jenish said...

Dude what do you mean looking like dork? Never wearing knife makes a man look a like dork. Dude that's something that makes you look dangerous, makes you look like a real man... Well I know we don't need knives to look like men, but wear it proudly if you have a chance.

By the way, I'm impressed by your knowledge of all the wilderness stuff. Your DTS taught you well.

Tinchtik, Dosum, tinchtik.