Thursday, August 16, 2007

why, oh why

how is it that we ever let ourselves go without a real Sabbath's rest? God knew what He was doing when He required us to chill out from time to time. silence and solitude mixed in with a li'l R&R. that's what i'm talking about!

in case you arent aware, i just got back from a few days at a monastery, the Abbey of New Clairvaux, up in Vina, past Chico. beautiful landscape, beautiful atmosphere, beautiful time. *hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh* (sigh of true relief).

so who's ready for more of life, heh?

2 comments:

Mary said...

Hi John-

Ok---so now you can find me!

jenish said...

Hey my dear Baike. It's good to hear from. I miss you man, I miss hanging out with and talking about stuff. Please tell everyone I said Hi. I just came back from the village where we had a Seminar about Mushrooms. I know, it's kinda funny, but it's normal mushrooms. We are( Teen Challenge Kyrgyzstan) running out of money and looking for ways of sustaining ourselves. So there was a team from Tajikistan that was willing to come and teach us how to grow mushrooms. It seems like it could be disastrous. Hehe, keeping the same tempreture in Kyrgyzstan is not the easies task. So I'm suggesting we keep sheep instead, or cows. Anyway, it's going good. By the way, I'm an asistant of the Director here in Teen Challenge. Hehe sounds cool, eh? Ok love you bro. Tell everyone in the fam I said big and warm Salam:)